Lots of people now a day are considering web designing as a growth oriented career option. It is convenient in the sense that the job does not involve so much difficulty or complexity. Therefore both the amateurs as well as the experienced professionals can think of it. It has been seen that most of the time due to lack of proper knowledge and experience amateurs make some typical mistakes at the time of actually performing in to the field. Therefore it is obvious that the proper training is needed on the part of the amateurs in order to get progress and success into this profession.
What is Web Designing?
It mainly refers planning about everything related to a website starting from creation to updating. Designing part includes the web content development, website appearance, the process the website will work through etc. The person who is associated with all these tasks is called web designer. He is responsible for the maintenance of the website also. With the combination of several designing elements like texture, color, layout, structure, graphics, shapes etc the designer involves into the process of website creation.
As you can see that the overall process involves lots of task to combine, sometimes the amateur web designers lead to some errors. It may not intentionally happen. But still create some unavoidable negative situation. Take a look on the following common mistakes that are generally committed by the amateurs:
- It mostly happens that the designs are formatted incorrectly by the amateurs.
- Overdesigning of the web page.
- They develop content with poor readability.
- They use excessive words instead of images in the web content.
- They generate content with poor quality.
- They make improper use of content fonts.
- For convenient purpose sometimes they use amateur software for delivering professional task.
- They put too much emphasis on the current and the popular designing trends.
- They show a great dependency of using free images rather than creating themselves.
- They design the web site with improper color combination.
- Amateurs fail to create white or negative spaces which sometime prove an important designing element.
- They do not maintain word alignment.
- They involve into ineffective use of contrast.
- Distortion happens when they do not scale the designing elements properly.
- Visual hierarchy is another important designing element. The amateurs are also lacking in it.
- They have a tendency to use raster images.
- Consistency in work is another common problem can be seen with the amateurs.
Definitely it requires some basic skills in order to bring effectiveness in the process. Here comes the importance of web designing courses. Check out the following points in this regard:
- The course modules are designed in the way to provide technical knowledge for website creation.
- Amateurs can get an in depth knowledge of multimedia application, layout techniques etc.
- They get equipped with the ecommerce site and the related marketing strategy in order to attract the customers to their websites.
- Moreover they get an overall idea about the profession, the future career options as well as the scope of work.
Web designing courses can be done in several formats like, Certification Course, Diploma Course, Advanced Diploma Course, Professional Course, Bachelor’s Degree Course and Certificate Course after Graduation. Eligibility criteria will be varying course wise. Generally the individuals can learn certificate and diploma courses after 10+2. For doing Post Graduation Diploma courses, Bachelor Degree passed out is mandatory requirement.
Web Designing Courses Module
Institutions are presently offering highly designed course both for amateurs and working professionals. The modules generally include the following topics:
- Designing Concepts and Portfolio
- Scripting and Interactivity of Websites
- Adobe Illustrator
- Animation and website Graphics
- Corel Draw
- Java Script Dream Weaver
- Adobe Flash
- Knowledge Basic HTML
- Knowledge about CSS
- Working with Images
- Linking action to other pages
- CSS Layouts
- How to put your website on internet
It is relevant to mention that after doing such web designing courses; people are getting the opportunities to work in different software development companies, SEO companies, Education Institutes, Internet Marketing Companies, Financial Institutions, Companies of Stock Photography, Website Development Consultancies etc.
Let’s enter into the topics.
- Knowledge about basic HTML: This topic can be divided into following sections.
- Reference to Basic HTML tags entire course module will include, How to create basic HTML Template, Heading, Paragraph and Break Tags,
- Reference to HTML Tables including Row and Column Span, Table alignment, images, color etc,
- Reference to HTML Forms including Form Tags, Textboxes Formatting, Labels, Hidden fields, Password, Check boxes, Option buttons.
- Reference to HTML Video and Audio including Email, URL, Spinners and Sliders, Color Pickers, Dates, Data Lists, HTML images and Hyperlink, Placeholders
- Knowledge about CSS: This topic can be divided into following sections:
- Reference to CSS and Fonts: Basic introduction to CSS how to use CSS selectors, CSS Rules, CSS Styling options, Inline and Embedded styles, Styling with Fonts, Font color and Size.
- Reference to CSS: It can include CSS Comments, CSS Positioning, CSS Floats, The box Model, CSS Layout styling with one and two column, CSS Font and Text properties, CSS Margins, Borders, Padding, Used of CSS in List section and Positioning Section.
- Working with Images: Following lessons can be included under this topic:
- Image Types
- Attributes of Images
- Image Inserting Part I and II
- Text wrapping with CSS
- Back Ground Images
- Image Borders
- Addition of captions to Images
- Linking Action to other Pages: Lessons to be included under this topic:
- Types of Hyperlinks and CSS
- Stylesheets external
- Navigation bars and HTML lists
- How to put your website on internet: It should cover the following:
- SEO or Search Engine Optimization
- Domain name and Website Name
- Web space buying
- PPC or Pay –Per- Click advertising
- Knowledge about Web site Portfolio: It should include lessons on Interface and Interactive Design Concept and web designing.
It is obvious that web designing courses involve lots of topic to learn. Any single course may not cover all the above mentioned topics. The amateurs are therefore recommended to choose the relevant course module for themselves. Mistakes can be happened by anyone but what is necessary is to have general concern regarding their job. Training definitely makes a person more efficient but common sense should be applied for common mistakes.